This design looked better when I pictured it in my mind, but I still think it turned out OK, even if it is a bit messy.
I first painted all nails in 2 coats of my chosen base colour.
I then added a normal top coat and allowed them to dry for about 30 minutes.
Afterwards I used striping tape to add 3 stripes of tape to each nail. This was a bit fiddly, especially as the strips needed to be longer than the nail width so that I could grip them later.
Then, 1 nail at a time I added a matte top coat and immediately removed the striping tape before it could dry in order to leave glossy stripes in between larger matte stripes.
However on some nails the matte hadn’t coated the nail as well as I thought it had as I was rushing a bit and so the lines didn’t come out as perfect as I had hoped.
Also it needed to be left to dry a bit longer before adding the striping tape I think. This is because on a couple of nails the tape pulled at the sides of the nail varnish as I tried to remove it, and so I had to attempt to touch up those nails.