This week is a simple micro bead nail look.
I have micro beads in teal as well and saw these 2 colours next to each other and thought they looked nice together.
As I have a nail paint in the teal colour as well I decided to paint all nails in this shade.
Then I used the bronze/copper coloured micro beads and added them to both ring fingers to make an accent nail.
I took these photos before adding top coat. Although the beads don’t look as good with top coat over the top, I like to still use it in order to make them last a lot longer.
I’ve seen lots of people try this design out on the internet over the time and thought the recent good weather would be the perfect opportunity to try it out for myself.
I painted all nails in 2 coats of a kind of neon pink colour that I had.
Next I painted the about bottom 1/3 of each nail in white. After I painted all the tips in a dark green colour. I made sure to leave a thin line of white in between the green and pink.
Next I used a thin brush and a lighter green and painted stripes along where the green tips were.
Lastly, before adding the top coat, I added the pips by using a small dotting tool and a black nail paint. When dotting on the pips, I dragged the dotting tool upwards slightly as I lifted it from the nail in order to make a more tear drop shape.
This one didn’t come out too good, but I still wanted to share it. The problem was when I added the topcoat, but without it the beads come off much easier.
Firstly I painted all nails with 2 coats of a nude shade.
Then I added my microbeads to each nail. They were a mix of bright pink and blue beads.
The plan was to place them in a triangular shape coming down from the top of each nail.
Afterwards I added my topcoat. Unfortunate I find the colours tend to run on microbeads. It’s not so bad when the whole nail is covered, but in this case they wasn’t. I did have to go over my base colours in some areas to cover where the colour had ran.
I wasn’t really sure what I wanted to do with this design but I wanted something with overlapping squiggly lines. But in the end I was happy with out it turned out. I wonder if a different background colour may have worked better though.
First I painted all nails with 2 coats of a black colour to make the background.
Next I took pastel pink, green and purple shades from Barry M’s recent silk collection.
Starting with a thinner brush and the pink shade I added squiggly lines along the majority of each nail.
Next I used the green to add lines in between the gaps left in the pink lines.
Lastly I added lines in purple, but I only did them halfway up the nail. I did not add a top coat as I wanted to keep the finish of the silk nail paints.