A friend at work said that the way I had placed the rhinestones for this design looked like crowns, hence the name of this post.
I firslty painted all nails in 3 coats of one of Barry M’s recent releases to their aquarium range called ‘Persian’.
This is a pretty duochrome polish that is mainly a shimmery, bright, almost cadbury purple, which changes to a bronzy goldish shade in the right light.
I did have to use 3 shades to make it opaque enough, and I probably would have been better off using a simmilar colour underneath as a base.
Then along the base of each nail I added a row of multi tonal coloured silvery rhinestones.
I started by placing a large rhinestone in the middle and then went down in size as I got to the sides of the nail. I tried to place them in a curve rather than a straight line.