I recently found out that you can use bananas to make a frozen ice cream type dessert which is pretty yummy if you like banana. It won’t replace real ice cream but it is still bananary goodness and is a lot healthier. For this recepie I added some peanuts, but you could add all sorts of things to it.
- A bunch of about 6 bananas
- 100 – 150g of plain peanuts depending on how nutty you prefer it to be.
- Take you bananas, peel them and slice them up.
- Put them in a container and put in the freezer for about 4h or until frozen.
- Meanwhile put your nuts in a food processor to break them up into smaller pieces. Keep them to one side.
- When the banana is frozen, remove it from the freezer and add to the food processor. You can do this in batches if your food processor is small.
- Process the banana. You might need to scrape around the sides every now and then to get the bits that get stuck around the sides blended up. Keep processing until the banana becomes creamy in texture.
- Put the banana mixture and peanuts into a container like an old ice cream tub. Stir in the peanuts, but do not over stir. Then put it in the freezer until it is frozen.