So today I have another chocolate covered frozen fruit treat that is so easy to make and you can mix and match the types of grapes and chocolate that you use to suit your tastes. The fact that the grapes are frozen gives them a kind of ice lolly texture so it’s like your eating small pieces of chocolate covered ice lolly (popsicle).
- A medium sized punnet of grapes of your choice. Red or green it’s up to you.
- Around a 200g bar of chocolate of your choice (milk/dark/white)
1) First, break up the chocolate and put it in a mixing bowl, place the bowl over a saucepan of water on the hob. Make sure the water does not touch the bottom of the bowl. Turn on the heat and bring the water to a boil so that the chocolate starts to melt.
2) Meanwhile, pull your grapes from their stalks, wash them thoroughly, and leave them to drain in a colander for a little while before using kitchen roll to dry them fully.
3) Using a toothpick, push one grape onto the end of it.
4) By this time your chocolate should hopefully be melted. Using a spoon, cover the grape with the melted chocolate, making sure it is covered fully. Note: Once the chocolate in the bowl has melted fully, make sure you remove the bowl from the heat to stop it burning.
5) Remove the grape from the toothpick carefully using the spoon and place it onto some baking paper. Spread the back of the spoon over the hole left by the toothpick to cover it. Repeat this until all your chocolate is used up.
6) Place the baking paper with the grapes on into the fridge just long enough so that the chocolate can become solid. Once this has happened, you can peel the grapes from the paper and then stack them up on top of each other into a container with a lid. Then place this in the freezer for several hours or overnight to allow the grapes to become frozen. They are then ready to enjoy!