I’m really pleased with how this one turned out. I think the combination of the red and gold go well together, and the glitter in the red base adds a little something extra to the overall look.
I also really like the geometric triangular designs from this stamping plate. It is #77 of the round plates by Born Pretty.
I started by painting all nails in 1 coat of a deep red. I then went over it in 2 coats of a glittery red shade. As the red in this shade was quite translucent, I used the deep red shade underneath to help with the coverage.
I then used my stamping plate and a metallic gold shade to stamp the designs onto each nail.
I used a different design from the same plate on each nail on one hand, and then repeated this on the other hand so that they matched.
For this design I wanted to test out some random sized petrol coloured nail art gems.
I started by painting all nails in 1 coat of black, but on the ring fingers I used 2 coats.
On the thumbs I used 1 coat of a multi glitter nail paint in a black base from Barry M’s glitterati range.
On the other nails except the ring fingers I used 2 coats of a duo chrome polish by Leighton Denny. This has tones of teal and purple.
I finished off the design on the ring fingers by randomly placing my nail art gems over the whole nail leaving gaps in between. They remind me of little petrol coloured pebbles.
The title for this post comes from the fact that the stamped design reminds me of some necklaces dangling down on each nail.
I started by painting all nails in 2 coats of a coral/ pastel orange shade. This is from Barry M’s Coconut Infusions range.
Once this was dry I went over it with a top coat and then stamped my necklace pattern over the top of it in a black shade.
I placed the design so that the pattern was coming from the base of the nail.
I then placed a small black rhinestone on each nail in the half circle area left at the base of the nail by the design, before finishing off with a top coat.
For this design I attempted to recreate the look of turquoise gemstone. From looking at pictures online I seen that the stone has black lines going through it with bits of gold here and there.
I started with my base colour. Rather than a flat turquoise shade, I wanted my base colour to be more metallic looking. The colour I chose is called ‘Teal’ by Barry M. I had to paint 3 coats of this to get the cover that I wanted.
I then took a thin brush and a black acrylic paint. I used this to paint in the black lines.
It ended up a little bit different to how turquoise really looks, as the lines should have been more circular rather than looking like cracks. However I still liked how the pattern turned out in the end.
I then took a gold polish that was made up of very densely packed gold shimmer. Using the same sized brush I then went over and painted in little bits of gold here and there on and around the black lines before finishing off with a top coat.
I wanted to practice a floral design with flicks in it because I really struggle with paining flicks in designs. They always come out so messy lol.
I started by painting all nails in 2 coats of a bright blue shade. On top of this I used white acrylic paint and a thin paint brush to paint in some flicks on each nail.
I then took a small dotting tool and a pink shimmery shade to place clusters of dots near where the flicks started from on some nails to make the petals of flowers.
I then repeated the same with a gold colour. Afterwards I used the opposite colour of the petals to fill in the centers of each flower.
To complete the design, I used a smaller dotting tool to place rows of shimmery blue dots on each nail to add more detail.