This one didn’t come out too good, but I still wanted to share it. The problem was when I added the topcoat, but without it the beads come off much easier.
Firstly I painted all nails with 2 coats of a nude shade.
Then I added my microbeads to each nail. They were a mix of bright pink and blue beads.
The plan was to place them in a triangular shape coming down from the top of each nail.
Afterwards I added my topcoat. Unfortunate I find the colours tend to run on microbeads. It’s not so bad when the whole nail is covered, but in this case they wasn’t. I did have to go over my base colours in some areas to cover where the colour had ran.
Here are a couple of pictures of some Christmas tree decorations that I attempted to make a few years ago. My wire wrapping skills have never been much good so they didn’t turn out as neat as I would have liked, but they still look nice hung on the tree. What do you think? They are supposed to be snowflake/stars.
These pictures show a variety of different handmade jewellery type things that I have made.
These are the kinds of charms you attach to bags or phones. The dragonfly one I actually have hanging from my car rear view mirror. The most complicated one was the teddy bear one made using tiger tail and seed beads, which I made for my boyfriend. Sorry about the quality of some of the photos as they are quite old from before we had a camera that could do close up shots.
This ring was made using elastic and seed beads, along with a focus bead.
The yellow star earrings are actually origami and are made from a thin long strip of paper. They are called lucky stars.
These are watches I made using some beads on tiger tail. They were made so that the strap could easily be swapped for a different design.
Here are some of the necklaces I have made, most of which are dragon fly themed.
The blue one above was actually made by my aunty, and is the person who I learned how to make these from.
The wings are made from beads called dagger beads.
They are fairly simple to make using tiger tail,and I think they look quite pretty.
The next picture shows a flower necklace I made using the same dagger beads.
The following necklace was also made using dagger beads.
This next necklace was made by wrapping wire around a pebble my brothers brought home from a trip to the seaside one day. The wire didn’t wrap how I would have liked. I am not very good at wire wrapping but I think that’s because I need to learn more about which wire is best to use as this wire didn’t hold in place very well.
This next butterfly pendant was made using very thin wire.