For this design I did a simple 2 colour block design with a line of striping tape in between going diagonally on each nail.
I started by painting all nails in 2 coats of a pastel lilac colour from the Coconut Infusion range by Barry M.
On top of this I taped off with DIY masking tape a diagonal line on each nail, leaving the tip half uncovered. To this half of each nail I painted 2 coats of a duochrome polish from Born Pretty. This is quite a pretty polish that changes from a shade of purple to green. It also has flecks of green glitter. It was item no. 24882.
Once this was dry I used a purple striping tape to cover the line where the 2 colours met. I then finished it off with a top coat.
I always find it hard to photograph duochrome polishes well, so I tried to capture the effect in a short video:
I saw a video on Instagram a few weeks back where someone used one of those craft paper punches that punch out different shaped from paper to make some nail vinyls. I thought it was a great idea and as I have a few of those punches myself in flower shapes I knew I just had to try it out.
I started by painting a rectangle of nail polish in a dark pink shade on a silicone mat. Once it was dry I carefully peeled this rectangle away from the mat. I then used the craft paper punch in a flower shape to carefully punch out flowers of nail polish from the rectangle. I found that sometimes the shape did not punch out properly, so you will need to account for punching more flowers than you need. I put the successful flowers to one side.
On all my nails I painted one coat of a light brown shade just to act as a base to help the holo layer come out more opaque. I then painted 2 coats of a silver holo polish over the top of this.
Then using a clear polish as if it was glue, I painted onto my nail where I wanted to place the flower. I then carefully placed the flower on top. If there was any overhang or areas to clean up, I carefully removed this using a combination of nail scissors and a flat brush dipped in nail polish remover.
Where the centre of each flower was I placed a single small rhinestone. I then painted over the entire nail with the clear coat to help everything stick. I repeated this same process on the remaining nails until each nail had a flower on it. On the thumbs I decided to use 2. To finish the design I then coated everything in a layer of quick dry top coat. The main picture on my left hand was taken under artificial light as I felt this showed up the effect of the holo background better.